Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Appalachian Trail and DC

Hello to you all who are reading our Blog. I'm trying to keep it updated as much as possible and finally figured out how to add more pictures!

This past week was another hot one here in VA. Temperatures well into the 90's with no hope of it coming down...it's supposed to be 100 here by Monday! Aaron and I have had a few more adventures since we last wrote. Friday we took a short hike on the Appalachian Trail. The drive was the best part of the hike! We took scenic back roads that were so beautiful. Aaron even found some hunting land! That made his day, let me tell you. The trail was really pretty, quite flat and hot. We ran into a couple who had been on the trail for 6 months who said they wished they had time to play euchre:-)
That night we had a guest come to visit for the weekend...cousin Christian. What a great time we had. We played a game of Cities and Knights, which Gabe won (beginners luck) and then went into DC on Saturday. Again, the weather was hot. We took the metro into the city and found a place for lunch right away. I was starving. Then we just walked around all day. Upon most of us feeling sick, I think from heat and hunger, we left and recovered once we got home. We want to visit the city again to look at everything in more detail. Hopefully the pictures will help if you've never been there before!
Aaron started work on Monday, which was hard for me. I'm having a hard time finding my purpose. It's hard to know what I should do. For now, I have lots of decorating and unpacking left which will keep me busy for a few weeks.
That's about it for now.

No comments: